BMW diagnostic software firmware to V1.40 steps:
1.Download BMW ICOM V1.40 firmware update file
2. Please connect BMW ICOM A2 with computer using internet cable, power ICOM by 12V power adapter or from 1x DLC
3. Unzip ICOM FW v1.40 upgrade files.
4. Open IE Internet Explorer, enter address http://169.254.33.45:60080/ if you update Perfect version BMW ICOM, log in with
PS: to upgrade common version ICOM A2 A1, browse http://169.254.92.38:60080/ and the next steps are the same.
6. Click “Update Firmware”, you will see ICOM firmware version information.
7. Click “Browse” to select file “ICOM-BootImage-01-25-02.bin”, set image type as “SYSTEM”, click “Send the file”.
8. When it pops up “Write the image file to the flash?”, click “Yes”, then ICOM indicator light will turn red.
9. When it pops up “The SYSTEM IMAGE update was successful”, click “Update Firmware”.
10. Choose “ICOM-ApplicationImage-01-40-05.bin”, set image type as “APPLICATION”, click “Send the file”, it will spend several minutes since the file is a little bit large.
11. When it pops up “Write the image file to the flash?” click “Yes”, then the ICOM indicator light will turn red for the second times.
12. When it finish upgrading, click “reboot”.
13. Click “Home” – “Update Firmware”, you will find ICOM A2 firmware update to the newest version:
Current SYSTEM IMAGE version: 01.25.02
Current APPLICATION IMAGE version: 01.40.05