We set out to answer that question in the article below, looking at the features and functions of 5 popular, powerful devices.
If you’re a Chrysler owner and want to know more about your engine, check out the full reviews below to find your new diagnostic tool.
1. wiTech Diagnostic Tool (Best professional scanner for Dodge / Chrysler)
The wiTech Diagnostic Scanner is the tool that is used by Chrysler and Dodge Jeep dealers. It requires a laptop to run the wiTech Diagnostic software and requires the StarMobile, MicroPOD, or wiPOD interface device.
It covers all Dodge vehicles that have CAN protocol, which is all vehicles since 2008. It can diagnose all systems, program sensors, activate sensors, and has bi-directional support.
wiTech MicroPod 2 Diagnostic Tool Highlights:
1. Software Version: V17.04.27
2. Multi-Languages available: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Korean and Chinese
3. PC-Based: Requires PC connection(4GB memory at least)
4. Support both online and offline programming，wiTECH MicroPod 2 can work online and support Chrysler online programming(If you have an account).
MicroPOD II model year coverage:
Although small in stature, this dongle-style device offers 100% CAN – equipped coverage to 2016 for Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Fiat vehicle platforms.
MicroPOD II features:
1.Supports all the latest technologies and vehicle platforms including the latest Chrysler and Fiat Vehicles.
2.Works as a direct replacement for the wiTECH POD
MicroPOD II function:
1. It can be used as diagnostic and programming tool by the dealerships. It replaces your StarMobile, StarScan, and wi-TECH POD, and enables your technicians to increase their productivity and provide world-class diagnostic services to your customers.
2. A separate Tech Authority Subscription is required to access to Module Re-Flash Programming, TSBs, wiring diagrams, and repair information.
Workable cars: Offers 100% CAN – equipped coverage to 2016 for Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Fiat vehicle platforms.